UPH Gen3 R700 SA Carbon Stock
Ultralight Precision Hunter – (UPH)
Bolly Composite Stocks Gen3 stock for R700 Short action footprint (and clones)
The Bolly Composites Stocks carbon fibre R700 SA Ultralight Precision Hunter Rifle Stock is a stock born from an absolute classic, the Sako AII Varmint stock, but with modern features inspired by our backpack hunting trips. Designed to be capable in any situation with its butt hook and vertical grip it is specialised towards mountain hunting, long range shooting, PRS and precision varminting/hunting. Featuring the hallmark of our gen3 series, a drop in fit inlet and carbon fibre bedding, the inlet and barrel channel are moulded in for the ultimate in rigidity, further strengthened by having the recoil lug made from carbon fibre and integral to the stock. If you are looking for peak performance from your Remington 700 Short action Clone out to distance, this is the stock.
We have designed and built the UPH stock based on our experiences in mountain hunting as well as long range precision and mountain hunting. For the ultimate in performance we suggest pairing this stock with a 24″+ Proof carbon Sendero or Bull barrel.
The UPH Gen3 R700 SA Carbon Stock comes standard as a drop in fit for Remington 700 Short action rifles as well as many clones. The barrel channel is sized to have up to a 1.2″ Bull barrel (0 taper) installed and still fit in this stock. Carbon pillars are standard and spaced around pairing your action with a Hawkins M5 compatible bottom metal, which includes the M5 Oberndorf, M5 Detachable box magazine and M5 hunter DBM. Other bottom metals designed for the M5 inlet may fit, however the inlet is based on technical drawings for the M5 Hawkins bottom metals and is a matched fit for them, any deviation from this will result in needing to either modify the inlet or modify the DBM.
We have tested these stocks extensively and believe the carbon bedding system is unparalleled when it comes to durability and performance, it is expected accuracy will be the equivalent or better than a properly devcon bedded stock, without requiring the extra weight from the bedding compound. If you are comparing our stocks to others, please remember to compare finished, bedded weight.
Like all Bolly Composite Stocks, the UPH stocks are produced on the same production line and to the same standard as Bolly Aviation Carbon fibre propellers for industry leading strength to weight performance.
UPH Gen3 R700 SA Carbon stock spec stocks:
The DBM/Trigger guard is inletted Specifically for Hawkins M5 compatible bottom metals, which allows hunting style bottom metals as well as tactical ones on the exact same inlet. The Hawkins m5 bottom metals are a true fit.
A full action carbon bedding system is employed including a carbon moulded recoil lug recess. For those using oversized lugs, the recess will need to be modified accordingly. The inlet pattern is for a standard R700 Short action, trigger hangers and other variances will potentially result in the inlet needing some modification, known fitments with notes listed below.
Recoil Pad is a Airtech limbsaver for maximum performance to weight ratio and for sling use, 2x Grovtec Flush cups are installed as standard on the opposing side to the bolt notch, one in the forend and one in the buttstock. Once you use flush cups, we predict you’ll want to change all your rifles to this setup.
For bipod installation we install a B&T Industries BT34 2.05″ picatinny rail on the forend as standard. If you require sling studs for a harris style bipod, please let us know and we can include some standard studs in the order for you – this allows you to upgrade to a rail system down the track.
WEIGHT: Approx 770grams
UPH Gen3 R700 SA Carbon stock tested fitments;
Remington 700 Short Action (SA) – drop in fit
Known Custom actions (with owner submitted photo’s);
Kelbly atlas tactical SA – modification for recoil lug if oversized and trigger hangar clearance modification required
Defiance Deviant SA – drop in fit
Vudoo 22LR – Drop in Fit
Defiance Tenacity SA – Drop in fit
APRS/Stiller SA – Drop in fit
- Please be aware your stock has a carbon fibre bedding block and is considered bedded, our gen3 stocks do not require bedding
- Standard LOP With recoil Pad 14″
Bolly Composite Stocks R700 SA carbon stock Material Advantages:
- Superior rifle performance over factory plastic stock while reducing weight and felt recoil
- Stocks are filled, not hollow. Advanced core materials manage both torque and recoil to improve rifle performance and reduce loads on the shooter.
- High-Density Composite structure in action area transfers torque to skins and impulse loads to Buttstock and Forend
- Low-Density Honeycomb in the Forend and Buttstock absorb recoil
- Carbon Skin mitigates torque
- Moulded in Inlet acts as a Carbon Fibre Bedding block
- Integrated Carbon pillars are machined to be true to DBM mitigating a possible source of stress on the action
- Carbon Fibre dramatically reduces weight while increasing stock rigidity, critical for precision
- Composite materials are inert, waterproof and weatherproof
- Full Ruff-Tuff Coat is grippy yet comfortably to the cheek and hard wearing
Bolly Composite Stocks R700 SA carbon stock Design Advantages:
- The Varmint style forend is at home off a bench, a bipod or just thrown over a backpack.
- The optimised forend length makes it handier for setting up on barricades or shooting from a vehicle, without sacrificing balance and long range performance off a bipod.
- The Extended near vertical grip has minimal ambidextrous palm swell for awkward positional shooting as well as comfortable long range shooting from prone.
- The buttstock has a hunter profile drop for precise adjustments off a rear bag as well as being profiled for a standard precision fit recoil pad opening up a number of options for recoil pads and length of pull adjustments.
- Thumb hook allows for complete control of the rifle when using a rear bag or just shooting off a clenched fist.
- Moulded-In barrel channel for increased rigidity