Introducing the rugged Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter with LiNK. The new affordable ballistic solver with precise environmental measurements
So what’s the difference in the 5700 and the Elite Model? The Elite has the proprietary Applied Ballistics software. The 5700 has ballistics software, but it’s not Applied Ballistics. If you want the best, get the Elite. If are watching your money more in the expensive sport, here is what you need to know on the difference.
- PRICE: you can upgrade later to the Elite for approx $300AUD via the US portal (tax may be applied on checkout in the US).
- COLOR: Only available in Tan.
- LiNK – It only comes with LiNK which is where you’ll get any firmware updates.
- DSF – It does not have Drop Scale Factor, so if you are shooting transonic, do not get this meter, get the Elite.
- CUSTOM CURVES- The Elite has the custom curves. The 5700 Ballistic does NOT. People who rely on G1 / G7 rely on what the bullet manufacturer wants you to believe and is on the box. Sometimes this is marketing by the manufacturer. Companies are known to fudge there G7 factors to make it sound better than it is against the competition.The Custom curves have been tested and proven. They are measurements to a specific bullet, so there is a lot of value to someone who cares. This has tremendous value, which is what costs you $300 more for the Elite, but will easily save you that in bullets over time.
Here is a great channel covering most everything.
Kestrel 5700 Review & How-To Videos
Know where your bullet will hit before you pull the trigger. The Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter measures wind, altitude and all critical weather and ballistic variables to calculate an accurate aim point for long-range shooting. No more DOPE cards, re-zeroing or guessing at the wind. This all-in-one compact tool combines onsite environmental measurements with a powerful G1/G7 ballistics calculator to deliver precise elevation and windage solutions for any gun, any round, any shot. Get first-shot confidence with the all-in-one, long range shooting solution trusted by long range hunters and shooters.
- Employs a G1/G7 ballistic solver, correcting for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift and Coriolis to achieve accurate long-range shots.
- Easy Mode walks you through a simple step-by-step guide to using your Kestrel so you can learn faster and start shooting long range with confidence.
- Muzzle Velocity Calibration Guide allows for accurate measurement of bullet speed without a chronograph to improve accuracy.
- Environmental Capture measures and adjusts for actual conditions wherever you are and automatically updates the ballistic solution – eliminating the need to re-zero when moving to a different altitude.
- LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers and integration with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy. (Note: LiNK Dongle sold separately)
- Choice of solution units (Mils, MOA, Clicks, Inches or Centimeters)- works with any gun or targeting scope.
- Weather mode offers all the environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight. It’s really easy to read.
- Kestrel LiNK for Ballistics app on iOS and Android provides convenient gun management / backup, and the ability to view your Kestrel’s solution remotely on your mobile device.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
- You can upgrade to the Elite model for approx $300AU (depending on the conversion rate) down the line.
- Backlight – Switchable White/Red
- Ballistics Calculator – Applied Ballistics®
- Battery Life Indicator
- Data Log Graph View
- Data Logging – Adjustable Interval
- Date & Time
- Digital Compass
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Integrated Flip Open Impeller Cover
- Intuitive Tactile Up/Down/Enter Keypad
- LiNK Wireless Communication – When Option Selected (Bluetooth low energy)*
- Multilingual Menus (English, French, Spanish, German)
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading
- Pressure Sensor
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Waterproof to IP67 (3’/1M for 30 minutes)
- Aerodynamic Jump Correction
- Basic Ballistic Data Table
- Connect with LiNK Compatible Range Finders
- Coriolis Correction
- Create and store 1 Target
- Create and store up to 3 Gun/Bullet Profiles
- G1/G7 Drag Models
- Muzzle Velocity Calibration
- MV-Temp Table
- Spin Drift Correction
- Supports Mil, MOA, Clicks
- Standard and Night Vision Preserving Backlight
- Target Range Estimato
- Battery – 1 x AA
- Certificate Of Conformity (Spec Sheet)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
UPGRADE YOUR 5700 BALLISTICS TO A 5700 ELITE!
Upgrade your 5700 to the elite version by purchasing a software package from the American manufacturer.
Follow this link to make your purchase:
Note: Prices displayed on the American website are in USD and do not include tax. Tax may be charged at checkout.