Kestrel Sportsman Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics
Take your shooting to the next level! The Kestrel Sportsman Weather Meter combines accurate measurement of air density and wind with a powerful ballistics calculator to deliver precise elevation and windage solutions for any gun, any round, any shot. The built-in enhanced Applied Ballistics G1/G7 ballistics solver is tested and trusted by long-range hunters and shooters. Improved 2015 design!
Kestrel Sportsman Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics Overview
- Employs the enhanced Applied Ballistics G1/G7 solver, including Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift and Coriolis corrections to achieve accurate long-range shots.
- Muzzle Velocity Truing allows for accurate measurement of bullet speed without a chronograph.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth Smart® provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers and integration with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy. (Note: LiNK Dongle sold separately)
- Choice of solution units (Mils, MOA, or clicks)- works with any gun or targeting scope.
- Weather mode offers the full environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight.
- Kestrel LiNK for Ballistics app on iOS and Android provides convenient gun management and backup.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
- Through a purchased firmware upgrade, the Kestrel Sportsman can be converted to the full Kestrel Elite with its more advanced extreme long range feature set.
SHOT Show 2016
Nielsen-Kellerman CEO, Alix James discusses the enhancements and upgrades that can be found in the new Kestrel 5 Series Ballistics Meters:
The next generation of ballistics weather meter is here with the Kestrel Sportsman Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics.
The Kestrel Sportsman is a tremendous value in full-featured ballistics calculators. Providing the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel Sportsman Weather Meter, this integrated weather meter and ballistics solver takes the guesswork out of long-range shooting and is an ideal companion for hunters and shooters working within the supersonic flight range of their bullet.
The new Kestrel 5 Series platform adds many new features and options. If you’re familiar with the Kestrel 4500, the first thing you’ll notice is the larger, higher-resolution and contrast display and improved font readability. The Kestrel 5 series includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and AA battery operation. It also has optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel Sportsman is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can accompany you to the range or hunt for years to come. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel Sportsman with you.
Buy the Kestrel Sportsman with LiNK and get the power of the Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app for free. Build and manage your gun/bullet profiles and download them to your Kestrel Sportsman before you set out. At the range or match, secure your Kestrel Sportsman to a tripod using the optional Kestrel Vane Mount and use the app to quickly adjust the target range and view the shooting solution and wind rose without leaving your shooting position. It’s like having a meteorologist and ballistician standing next to you while you shoot.
LiNK enabled units can also be wirelessly paired with LiNK compatible laser range finders, such as the Bushnell Elite 1 Mile CONX, to seamlessly integrate target data into the ballistic solution for unparalleled speed and accuracy.
In addition to the ballistics solver capabilities, the Kestrel Sportsman is a comprehensive weather meter for measurement and logging of primary environmental conditions: wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, heat index, pressure and altitude. Paired with the Vane Mount, the Kestrel Elite becomes a compact, easily-deployable weather station. Your data log can be transferred to a mobile device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a PC/MAC with either the wireless USB Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch any on-screen meteorologist during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action. With a Kestrel Sportsman, you can put accurate shooting solutions and environmental measurements in the palm of your hand, anywhere your adventure takes you.
Features Comparison Chart:
What’s New in the Kestrel Sportsman?
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Direction (Wind Direction and Orientation)
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
- Law Enforcement
- Precision & Competitive Shooting
Kestrel LiNK Ballistics for Android & iOS
Wirelessly connect with mobile devices. When in range, manage and transfer gun profiles, adjust Kestrel target range, and view shooting solutions on the mobile device. Most effective when paired with the Kestrel Vane Mount for real-time windage solutions.
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
- Kestrel LiNK for Windows
- Kestrel LiNK for Mac (Coming Soon)
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android (Android coming soon!)
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty